Monday 21 April 2014

Tootie's Sanctuary

Tootie now sleeps in a big double bed. Truth be told, she has for quite some time now. But it has taken me some time to put the finishing touches on her room. My vision STILL isn't quite finished, but it is close, so I thought I would share.
Over the summer, I took some quilting lessons, and made her a beautiful, colourful, cheerful quilt. It was such a great experience, and even though I took sewing lessons as a child, I really learned a lot of new techniques and tricks. It also made me realize that there is still lots left for me to learn!
Using those handy dandy new skills, I made Tootie two matching throw pillows:


And I also put together a body pillow cover for her. She loved having a part in it by helping plan out the placement of the squares.

Finally, I made some curtain valances last week. I still have some fabric left over, and I'm not sure what to do with it. I have few ideas, but am open to suggestions...
Here is a look at it all:

We still have plans to change the light fixture, repaint the walls (they have been the same since she was born), and hang a cool mosquito-netting type thing over her bed.
Updated pics will follow as progress is made!

** Cool fact: Tootie's bedside table was actually my bedside table as a little girl. I sanded it, repainted it and added new hardware for her a few months back. The little doll bed beside it was also one of my childhood treasures, made for me by my grandfather.



No comments:

Post a Comment