Tuesday 29 October 2013

Here it is!

Welcome to my blog. Too generic. Dearest readers. Too formal. Ladies and gentlemen, I am honoured to have your readership! Too pretentious... I think I'm back to:
Welcome!
I am a blog virgin, and a wee bit nervous, as you may be able to tell. I mean, sheesh. What if people read what I wrote? That's pressure! I suppose I should explain my reasoning behind venturing into the world of blogging. Here goes:
  1. My family is spread across the country, and with the busy life that I lead, I find it increasingly difficult to stay in touch to the extent that I would like. I'm pretty sure they are all at home at this very moment lamenting the fact that I am unable to relay in great detail my two year old son's latest foray into potty training. So here's my chance!
  2. I also thought it might be cool to share some of my ideas with friends, old and new. I like to make stuff through crafting, sewing, cooking, baking, and sometimes it turns out really great...or at least I like to think so! Hopefully I will pick up some new ideas as well. You can never have too many ways to create new stuff and make life more fun!
  3. And finally, so far in my life, I have had the opportunity to do and experience some really neat stuff. I have lived on a few different continents and survived to tell the tale. Except I never really did. Tell the tale I mean. Now I can, and I will!
To all my friends and family, happy reading, this is primarily for you. To all my new friends, a bit about me: I wear many hats. I am a 33 year-old mother of two. A wife. A teacher. An athlete. A sister. A daughter. A reader. A crafter. A seamstress. A cook (not to be confused with chef). A baker. A zillion other things throughout any given day. And now, a blogger. My children, ages 2 and 4.9, make the sun shine on cloudy days. I work full-time as an elementary school teacher (which really deserves a blog of it's own) and I am in training for the World Master's Swimming Championships.

I am looking forward to sharing my adventures; past and present. Relax, read, enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I know I am going to really really enjoy everything you write. You are inspiring me to do one too. Such fun!!! Look forward to each and every morsel you send our way! Jane xoxo

    ReplyDelete