Sunday 23 March 2014

Mr. Doo-isms

On parental nudity.
Mr. Doo came in while I was changing.
Mr. Doo: "What happened to your clothes?"
Me: "I’m getting changed buddy."
Mr. Doo raises his eyebrows, and is quiet while he gives me a once over, then says: “You should put them back on.”
Indeed.

On potty training.
“I’ll do it on Monday.”

On anatomy.
Mr. Doo: "Mom, where’s your penis?"
Me: "I don’t have one."
Mr. Doo: (clearly shocked) "What happened to it?"
Me: "I’m a girl. I never had one."
Thoughtful pause.
Mr. Doo: "Aww." (pats my arm reassuringly) "That’s ok mom."
Gee thanks.

On introductions.
Mr. Doo gets quite excited when we have company. He usually rushes around to show them everything.
Mr. Doo: "This is Murphy." (Pats him and moves on)
"This is our couch." (Pats it and moves on)
"This is my tractor." (Waves it around and moves on)
"This is my friend mom." (Pats my knee and moves on)

On discipline.
Mr. Doo: "I don’t like this. I don’t like you. I’m going to put you on Santa’s sleigh and send you to the North Pole."

On Super Man.
Mr. Doo: "Up, up and away to save the day!"
Typically, after this proclamation, he raises both arms and runs out of the room using zooming sound effects.

On eating.
Me: "Eat your dinner all up. Get it in your belly so you can be full, full, full."
Mr. Doo: "No mom, I eat it all up in my mouth so IT can be full, full, full."
Followed by a demonstration.

On holes in the wall.
Mr. Doo created a penny-sized hole in the plaster wall by using a wooden toy as a mallet. In his defense, he was trying to “fix” it, something he does often to anything and everything around the house. He is aware that this particular fix was not a good idea.
Occasionally, he will stand near it and admire his handiwork. Almost always, this is a lead up to the following conversation:
Mr. Doo: "Mom, do you love my hole?"
Me: "No. No I do not."
Mr. Doo: "Well I do." (smiles mischeviously)

On refusal.
Mr Doo: "No fanks."

On beauty.
Papashunga: "Mr. Doo, you’re beautiful."
Mr. Doo: (indignant) "Boys aren’t beautiful! Boys are handsome." (proudly) "I’m handsome."

On broken things.
Upon discovery of something needing repairs, Mr. Doo is always quick to present one of two options.
Option #1:
Mr. Doo: "My Grandpa can fix it. He can fix anything."

Option #2:
Mr. Doo: "My Dad can fix it. He can fix it in a minute."
(It should be noted that in this, the minute does not actually refer to the quantity of time required to fix the item in question, but rather to the point in time that he will actually do it...)

Mr. Doo has quite the little personality. I think that a reality show worth watching would be one that follows him around and records all the little gems and adorable things that come out of his mouth on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment