Monday 17 March 2014

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

What a fun day! Minis, students and perfect strangers were all snazzed up in their green gear everywhere I went today. While my days of swigging beers all day long in the name of Saint Patrick are behind me, we did find new and dare I say improved ways to celebrate.

I made a cute wreath for our front door, a la rustic Irish style.


We ate green shamrock shaped pancakes.



Tootie got green and orange fruits and veggies in her lunch and some green milk to boot.


Tootie was in charge of treats for her class party today, so we made rainbow cupcakes. Pinterest gave me the idea, I can take no credit at all. Pinterest also made it look easy. THEIR rainbows stood up and were beautifully arced. Mine collapsed on themselves within minutes. Sigh. Still tasty though, and the minis didn't seem to notice. Tootie helped by strategically placing the marshmallows (clouds) on the cupcakes.


And since Tootie got all these awesome cupcakes, it was only fair that I made Mr. Doo some mini banana muffins, since they are his favourite.


No comments:

Post a Comment